LSRI is proud to be sponsors of undergraduates who have been selected to attend tomorrow's 2013 UIC Student Research Forum.
The students were selected to share their exceptional scholarship with other students who UIC considers to be among the finest of early researchers on campus. The competition is judged, and each student has a chance to win a monetary award. It will be held at 1 p.m., April 16, at the UIC Forum at 725 W. Roosevelt Rd.
LSRI is proud to be home to such exemplary students, mentors Reality Canty and Deena Soffer Goldstein, and all the faculty who are helping to shape their academic careers!
The students, their projects and LSRI sponsors include:
- The Role of Visual Patterns in Algebraic Reasoning Tamara Weishaar, Reality S. Canty, James W. Pellegrino, & Susan R. Goldman
- Representations of Arithmetic Principles in Algebraic Reasoning Stephany Thomas, Reality S. Canty, & James W. Pellegrino
- The Role of Primary Unit-Whole Benchmarks in Fraction Magnitude Estimation Reality S. Canty, James W. Pellegrino, & Susan R. Goldman
- Scoring and Interpretive Analysis of Student Classwork in Mathematics – FractionsTerry Dejaresco, Mary Trolia, Frederick Mueller, Deena Soffer Goldstein, and Louis V. DiBello
- Scoring and Interpretive Analysis of Student Classwork in Mathematics – FunctionsKonrad E. Biedron, Stefanie A. Lem, Deena Soffer Goldstein, and Louis V. DiBello
- Examining Frequently Recurring Embedded Assessments and their Effects on Student Performance in an Elementary School Mathematics Curriculum Gloria Yum, Deena Soffer Goldstein, and Louis V. DiBello