Apply to the program using the UIC Graduate College online application system.
Our priority deadline for the fullest consideration for fellowships is December 15. The application deadline for US domestic students is May 15 and the deadline for international students is February 15.
Starting an onine application:
- Begin an application, following the directions for graduate applicants. This will generate a university ID#, or UIN, which will be assigned to you permanently if you be accepted into the program.
To do this:
- Scroll to the bottom of the website and click on “apply now” for domestic or international students, whichever pertains to you
- Click on the link that says “1st time user account creation”
- Create a LOGIN and PIN
- Keep this PIN. You will need it later.
- Follow the instructions. Note that you will have to upload documents, including a personal statement and reference letters as part of this application.
Requirements for your application:
- Personal statement: This should be 3 to 5 pages in length, typed, double-spaced and describe your reasons for wanting to pursue a doctorate in learning sciences, as well as your background and interests in your particular field or discipline of concentration. Upload this with your application.
- Three letters of recommendation: Provide three references to submit letters of recomendation on your behalf. Further instructions will be provided in the online application.
- GRE scores: Use code 1851. You must formally request that this be done by the testing agency when you register to take the test and identify UIC as a receiving institution. We do not have a minimum requirement, but we recommend a score of 1000 or higher. You will do this as part of your UIC application. See online application.
- TOEFL scores: (international students only)
- Transcripts: trascripts of all undergraduate and any graduate coursework. Again, you will do this as part of your UIC application.
To request other information, contact:
Timothy Stoelinga, Ph.D.
Interim Graduate Program Coordinator
University of Illinois at Chicago
Learning Sciences Research Institute
1240 W. Harrison, Suite 1535 MC 057
Chicago, IL 60607