Career Opportunities Heading link
Visiting Program Associate
The Learning Sciences Research Institute at the University of Illinois at Chicago is seeking Visiting Program Associates. Three part-time (50%) positions are available. The position supports the development and implementation of pre K-16 education improvement programs with a focus on mathematics improvement. Responsibilities may include curriculum and/or program development, serving as a liaison between the University and schools on program implementation, engaging in outreach activities and supporting key elements of the program. The position also engages in on-site-coaching, mentoring, collaborates with university personnel and project partners, and supports the overall goals of the projects. The position is contingent upon grant funding.
• Supports the development and implementation of pre K-16 mathematics education improvement programs.
• Researches and develops educational materials for specified programs and grades.
• Develops, reviews and revises related curriculum for specified programs and grades.
• Supports and coaches teachers, schools and school administrators regarding mathematics educational and teaching program changes and implementations.
• Observes and supports classroom teaching of mathematics to promote teacher reflection and learning.
• Works with related team members, authors, editors, production personnel and publishers on the development of professional development and/or teaching materials.
• Provides expertise, coaching and assistance to the education communities through conference and work- shop presentations, individual and group sessions and through the writing and publication of related articles.
• Designs, plans and facilitates professional development sessions.
• Prepares related reports, findings and making recommendations for change.
• Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
• Requires a minimum of a Master’s Degree in a related discipline which may include Reading, Literature, Mathematics, Science, and/or Education, along with advanced knowledge of related principles and practices.
• Prior teaching experience in mathematics and education/grade levels is required.
• Demonstrated abilities to communicate and write for students, teachers and school administrators in the particular discipline.
• Requires excellent communication, organization, analytical, presentation and computer/pc skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) along with other related software.
Interested candidates must complete an online application at https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=117009&job=visiting-program-associate-learning-sciences-research-institute and include a letter of interest, resume, and three references by July 12, 2019.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
If you are interested in developing funding opportunities with LSRI, or would like to learn more about the services we offer, please visit our collaboration page.